With the summer upon us, now is a great time to go on site and visit some of our new homes near the bustling towns of Dorchester and Newquay.
We all know that buying a new home is one of the biggest decisions and most costly purchases to make. Here’s Morrish Builders step by step guide to buying a new home with us:
1. Work out what you can afford: Buying a home is a long-term commitment. Think about what you can afford to fit in with your lifestyle.
2. Getting a mortgage: It is a good idea to secure a ‘mortgage in principle’ offer with a lender before you start your search for a home. This will make the negotiation process much quicker and easier. The Morrish Builders’ Sales Team can recommend lenders or Financial Advisors. Many lenders have mortgage calculators on their websites which can help you determine what they will lend you.
3. Choosing the right Morrish Home for you: Our Sales Team can match a suitable property to your requirements or you can use the search facility on our website here. We have brochures for each property type available for you.
4. Arrange property viewings: Our Sales Team are always on hand to show you around our homes seven days a week. Contact the Sales Office at Poundbury, Dorchester in Dorset on 01305 213745 or in Nansledan, Newquay in Cornwall on 01637 838171. Please do come armed with a list of questions – we are always happy to help.
5. Making a reservation: Once you have found the ideal Morrish Home which suits your requirements, the next stage is to agree a sale price and have your offer accepted! At that point, you can make a reservation. Morrish will ask you to complete the reservation form with a small deposit of £1000. The property is then taken off the market and is reserved for 28 days within which time exchange of contracts should normally take place. *
6. Complete your mortgage application form: At this point in the buying process you will need to complete your mortgage application form and send it back to the lender so they can conduct a valuation of the Morrish home and produce your mortgage offer for you to return.
7. Conveyancing – the legal process for buying a house: If you haven’t already done so, it’s time to instruct a Solicitor who will take over the legal process for you and resolve any questions you may have. Our Sales Team can recommend a Solicitor to you. For more information on what the legal process entails click here. An exchange of contract date suitable for both parties will be agreed at this stage.
8. *Legal Exchange of Contracts: By this stage the mortgage lender will have approved the mortgage and you, the buyer, and your solicitor are happy with the surveys and searches. This is when you become legally committed to buying the property which entails both sides signing the paperwork, and the customer paying the stamp duty and the deposit for the property (usually ten percent of the property price). Morrish can recommend any suitable insurance providers to insure your new home as you are now responsible for this. A moving or completion date will be discussed at this stage if the date hasn’t already been set.
9. Completion Day: Congratulations – you now officially own a Morrish Home! This is the day you get the keys to your new home and can move in! We will contact you once we have received confirmation from our Solicitor that monies have been transferred. A member of the sales team will undertake a familiarisation meeting with you where you will have the opportunity to ask any questions about your new home. During this meeting, we will ensure the utility meters are read with you. Morrish will provide you with a handover pack with all the useful information and contact telephone numbers you will need.
10. After Sales Care: Our customer care team is available to answer any queries you may have. We encourage you to let us know of any snagging issues as soon as possible after moving in.
11. Customer Feedback – Feedback from our customers is essential for us to continue to offer an excellent service. You will receive a customer feedback form in your handover packs which we encourage to you to complete and return in confidence.
Images show a selection of completed Morrish Homes at Tregunnel Hill, Newquay and Poundbury, Dorchester.
*Details correct at the time of print. All details do not form part of any contract.